1873 WILHELMINIAN TIME
Die Holzagentur H.H. Bolte Wwe. und Co., managed by H.H. Bolte and following his death by Friedrich Wilhelm Barth, renamed in F. W. Barth & Co. in Bremen. At the same time, two additional branches are opened in Emden and in Duisburg.
THE BEGINNINGS OF THE WILHELMINIAN TIME
1879 INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
The next two branches are opened in Hamburg. From now on, F. W. Barth & Co represents 23 Swedish and 11 Russian exporters.
The American market is developed, resulting into 120,000m3 sales of Whitewood, Redwood, and round timber. The subsidiaries in Bremen and Hamburg alone sold 4,500m3 pitch pine.
1890 F. W. Barth & Co. reports aggregate sales in the amount of 247,000m3.
1893 The new Düsseldorf branch is opened.
1898 The company F. W. Barth & Co. imports 20% of the aggregate timber products to Germany. The Düsseldorf branch is managed by Friedrich Wilhelm Barth Junior, the Bremen branch by Richard Barth.
1908 For the first time, F. W. Barth & Co delivers wood processing machines and spare parts to Norway.
1920 WORLDWIDE COMMERCE
The first agreements are entered into with EXPORTLES from Russia, at the same time, relationships with South America and India are intensified.
1940 F. B. Barth & Co. enters into a partnership with the wood import office “Holzeinfuhr-Kontor Hamburg”.
1953 The wood commercial enterprise F. W. Barth & Co. realises its first sale in the post-war period.
1971 The Hamburg branch is expanded by a department for African timber, thereby strengthening its position in the market.
2016 FIRST FLEGT CONTAINER FROM INDONESIA
On November 15, the time had come: The first FLEGT wood transporting container was forwarded from Indonesia into the EU:
According to FLEGT representatives, this was a benchmark against illegal wood harvest. This ensures that any harvested, transported or commercialised wood complies with national laws with respect to environmental, social, and economic aspects.
The Hamburg commercial enterprise F.W. Barth & Co. was the first company in the world to import a FLEGT container.